A hub where change happens
Working alongside Eke Panuku, Kaipātiki Local Board and Auckland Council, the Zero Waste Hub Northcote has been set up to serve the community through education, support and collaboration.
This innovative programme has grown from a desire by mana whenua to see their aspirations realised in relation to Para Kore / Zero Waste for Te Ara Awataha - Northcote Greenway programme. Kaitiaki representatives oversaw development of a cultural indicator framework Take Mauri Take Hono. This framework has created the driver to support all stakeholders to come together seeking to restore the mauri of the Awataha waterway, as well as the land and the people in Northcote. The framework also identifies Para Kore / Zero Waste as a key indicator for success, creating a focus on achieving the goal of Zero Waste 2040 in the Northcote town centre and surrounding residential and business area.
26 Pearn Place, Northcote
Open Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, 10am - 2pm
We are looking for volunteers to have the hub regularly open. If you are interested, please email Robyn at [email protected].
We recycle many odd bits. Welcome to drop them off when we're open.
- Old curtains: As a curtain collection point for Habitat For Humanity, Northern Region, we want to instill a second life to your pre-loved curtains. Your curtains will be cleaned, adjusted and provided to families who need them to help keep their home warm. Please note we cannot take blinds – roman blinds or venetian blinds.
- EcoStore bottles: Drop them off but only EcoStore brand please.
- Small batteries, such as AAs, AAA or similar.
- Oral care packaging, including toothbrushes and toothpaste tubes.
- Polystyrene: Please make sure it's clean.
- Coffee capsules.
- Ink cartridges.