Zero Waste Resources
Courses & Workshops
With help of a team of keen composting tutors, Compost Collective offer FREE home composting courses about worm farming, bokashi buckets & traditional composting bins. Click here to find a course near you.
Re-Creators run regular workshops suitable for families and kids. Learn how to upcycle and be creative through hands-on and fun approach.
If you don't have space to compost at home but would still like to compost your food scraps, then join a community compost hub near you:
How to recycle
- Recycling made easy checklist
- Construction & Demolition: 'How to' videos by Zero Waste Network Aotearoa
- Clean soft plastics (plastic that can be squashed in your hand): use bins at many supermarkets. The plastic is recycled in New Zealand and made into fence posts.
- Clothes: there are clothing bins all around the North Shore but if the clothing still has good life in it donate it to a charity shop or to Save Mart in Northcote to make sure it doesn’t end up in the landfill.
- Large items: book an inorganic rubbish collection via Auckland Council. Any items which still have life in them are collected separately and donated to community groups or sold at discount.
Where to recycle