What an advisor can offer
- Improve the health, comfort and performance of your home
- Warm your home in winter and cool it in summer
- Reduce mould and condensation
- Improve energy and resource efficiency
- Save on power bills
- Reduce your household's carbon footprint
- Select eco-friendly building materials.
Advisors provide personalised, impartial advice on home energy and energy efficiency. They will work with you to find the right options for your home and budget.
What they don't offer
- Building or insulation inspections for compliance purposes.
- Advice relating to major repairs, or to structural, electrical or plumbing work.
- Recommendations for particular suppliers or products.
Advice for new builds
Auckland Council's Sustainable Home Design Guide offers design tips on building a comfortable home that costs less to run and is less harmful to the environment.
To help you get started, see Free advice before submitting a consent application.