We thank our funders and partners!
Zero Waste / Para Kore
A zero waste world is one where resources are valued and nothing is wasted. Northcote residents and businesses have the potential to lead the way in protecting Papatūānuku and inspiring others to reach the goal of a zero waste Auckland by 2040.
Visit Zero Waste Hub: 26 Pearn Place, Northcote
Open Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, 10am - 2pm, we help you reduce waste, make sustainable choices and keep things in use for longer. We run workshops, events and are open for a chat to:
- Show you how to recycle, compost and repair.
- Offer easy zero waste tips.
- Answer zero waste questions.
We are looking for volunteers to have the hub regularly open. If you are interested, please email Robyn at [email protected].
We recycle many odd bits. Welcome to drop them off when we're open.
- Old curtains: As a curtain collection point for Habitat For Humanity, Northern Region, we want to instill a second life to your pre-loved curtains. Your curtains will be cleaned, adjusted and provided to families who need them to help keep their home warm. Please note we cannot take blinds – roman blinds or venetian blinds.
- EcoStore bottles: Drop them off but only EcoStore brand please.
- Small batteries, such as AAs, AAA or similar.
- Oral care packaging, including toothbrushes and toothpaste tubes.
- Polystyrene: Please make sure it's clean.
- Coffee capsules.
- Ink cartridges.