All done! Reflecting on the event...
Thank you to everyone who attended the Funding and Income discussion, and added value with your contributions.
Funding and Income Discussion
This event involved a structured discussion between participants around Funding opportunities and Income alternatives. Ideas and success stories for alternative incomes were shared and discussed, with many new ideas and solutions offered and found. The group was able to hone in on real opportunities for collaboration that have the potential to create synergy and increase mutual capacity. Some of these connections have been taken beyond the event and continue to be built upon directly between participants.
Audio & Notes from the Event
Click here to listen to the event audio. Below is an overview of the generated ideas:Resources & Shared links:
- Conservation Auckland funding opportunities
- Exult Funding Calendar & Resources
- Comms Collective where you can apply for comms expert volunteers
- Uploading events to OurAuckland as they get shared across the platforms
- Weave is a collaboration of 8 family foundations. They accept Expressions of Interest and actively seek out collaborative initiatives instead of requiring a formal application
- The Restoration Guide is coming out by Auckland Council. It will provide good quality guidance to the community on how to engage with iwi and perhaps even how could potentially approach a joint up approach
Callouts for collaboration:
- Contact Keith (PFK): The Environmental Weed Coalition is keen to pursue collaborative work to share development costs of rolling out projects and developing web apps. At PFK we are finding the CAMS GIS is letting us optimise the development of team project activities that can be integrated on a shared map. If more groups want to undertake pest weed competitions with Sustainable Schools, CAMS GIS will allow a good tool to leverage the core work across Auckland.
- Contact Annie (PFK): Looking for ideas for collaborative funding to engage council in a collective conversation on the cost of annual funding rounds as opposed to 3 year funding. PFK would be happy to progress a collective conversation.
- There’s an opportunity for collaboration and involvement in Motutapu volunteer opportunities here.
The next event "Working with Volunteers" is scheduled for 7 July and the details will be sent out closer to the time. Discussions on the evening revealed a strong desire among participants to meet in person for the next event.
-posted on the 06/06/2022