We are establishing a regular restoration volunteer group in Eskdale Reserve and meet weekly.
Join other local people and make your mark in this significant ecological area. We are looking for regular volunteers and people who live locally to the reserve to build momentum and stop the spread of pest plants.
TUESDAY, 9:30am - 12pm (from 1 June 10am - 12:30pm)
- Meeting point: Kaipātiki Project nursery, 58 - 60 Eskdale Road
- Worksite: Area around the nursery incl. Lauderdale Reserve
- Morning group: 10am - 12pm
- Afternoon group: 1pm - 3pm
- Meeting point: Corner of Domain Rd. and Glenfield Rd. (the entrance of the reserve with the cleaning station)
- Worksite: The area around the cleaning station
In addition to restoration, planting, pest control and weeding activities, we are working with kākahi/freshwater mussels, titiwai/glowworms and pekapeka/bats.
Bring along a mask, your gloves if you have some, water and closed-toe footwear. We will be following all appropriate Health & Safety measures to ensure everyone's safety.